14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 1 Timothy
Okay enough said about that. I remember memorizing that verse and it came up to mind today
$36,000
I love the Dior site. The graphic design is really cool.
www.dior.com
I've just spent twenty minutes on that site pressing the 'print screen' hoping to capture some of the flowery images. I really like the integration of the foliage and the logo. It's really neat. And colourful.
I'm almost 18.... YAY I CAN SIGN MYSELF OUT! lol. That's the best part of it now since I can't really vote or anything unless they have the summer election in which I will probably be in HK.
Yay, Mrs McAdam made the t shirts for us today... they look pretty good.. I'd still like to make some more designs (cough hence the dior inspiration.. I love fashion.. I have seem to found a natural skill in drawing emaciated fashion figures).
I've realized those who have supported my artistic career and those who really haven't. My parents for one have been there for me all the way.. they don't care (well okay kind of) how much tuition money they have to pay as long as I get a good education and at a school I want to be at. They don't mind if I go into interior design or fashion although the competition is very tough.
Who'd pay $10 for a t shirt? You spend $20 on an American Eagle t shirt.. oh you know.. that brown one with blue, pink and white lettering that says..hm... American Eagle. If I was in the fashion business and printing my name in different ways 'Samantha Wong', 'S.W.', 'SEW' or 'Sam' and people were buying it, I'd get a kick out of it... They're promoting my name by buying my stuff and I don't even have to do a single thing but draw a few designs... I mean it really pisses me off but at the same time I'm really like one of those people who get suckered into purchasing things purely because of the logo. Free advertising... waitaminute... you pay to advertise! But of course, I am one of those logo consumers and things just seem more appealing with a fancy logo on it... as long as everyone knows the brand you know cuz if no one knows the brand what's the point in buying it? You gotta show off your status you know.. I mean we're willing to pay for a Jacob Connexion t shirt for $14.30 but we can't pay for a darned eco t shirt for $10.... $10 is not expensive at all... fine fine.. you can get $8 at Fairweather, oh and Jacob Connexion when they are on sale!.... but not Guess nor Buffalo Jeans nor Aritzia... oo.. let's stamp a TNA logo on this no-name hoodie... oh and since there is a TNA logo on it, let's charge them $70 for it! Although the initial cost to make it was probably $5 considering they mass produce these things and just get some child to stitch it up for them.
We're willing to pay for t shirts that have guys with a cluster of girlfriends.. oh you know those stick figures that say "one girlfriend:good, two girlfriends:better, three girlfriends:best!" or like the AE t shirt "what goes on in spring break stays in spring break" or just a plain AE t shirt that says "FREE" plastered over the chest area. Oh and there are those beer ones. I'm glad we make such stupendous fashion statements out there. I'm glad we all like to walk around like advertisements out there. Perfect.
$3 is not a lot of money for a stamp on a shirt. I might not be in DECA or doing whatever business program or going into Shulich but I think I have the common sense to think that people in our school can afford $3. Plus I'll take business when I get to university. But seriously, you don't need a business person to tell you that $3 is not a lot of money. So what is.. anyone wanna tell me? Anyone wanna calculate the risk? The possible profit? Blah blah blah blah?
I've noticed a difference between the comments people gave me when I had my Coach purse versus my painted Klimt one of Judith and Holofernes. For the Coach:
"Is that Coach?"
"How much did it cost you?"
"Is it real?"
"Wow you have a Coach bag!"
And the painted one:
"You painted that?!!?"
"Wow you should really sell these!"
"You should start a business and paint people's bags"
"Can you paint me one?"
"Paint a bag for me for my birthday"
"Wow that's amazing"
"You should have used that for your portfolio"
"Your bag was worth $100 but now it's worth a lot more!"
So for my painted one I was actually promoting my own artistic ability as opposed to CCCCCCCC (the coach logo). I think I painted it too well and no one knew it was painted and they thought I bought it. :( Plus it feels good to have a purse no one else has (and I mean no one except a few months later I saw a few Klimt bags at Browns and I was thinking that they copied me.. :P.. they sold their bags for $250. at mendocino they had a klimt window display theme and me and the Arts York people were in awe.. at least I was.. hahaha.. I was like "omg they copied Klimt! I wanna take a picture of it!"). Alas I am growing tired of looking at that bag.. maybe I should finish the other side that I started. :P
Okay back to work.. seminar and then I'm free.. I have a test on my birthday though.. This whole entry was a total rant. It wasn't very coherent.
Okay enough said about that. I remember memorizing that verse and it came up to mind today
$36,000
I love the Dior site. The graphic design is really cool.
www.dior.com
I've just spent twenty minutes on that site pressing the 'print screen' hoping to capture some of the flowery images. I really like the integration of the foliage and the logo. It's really neat. And colourful.
I'm almost 18.... YAY I CAN SIGN MYSELF OUT! lol. That's the best part of it now since I can't really vote or anything unless they have the summer election in which I will probably be in HK.
Yay, Mrs McAdam made the t shirts for us today... they look pretty good.. I'd still like to make some more designs (cough hence the dior inspiration.. I love fashion.. I have seem to found a natural skill in drawing emaciated fashion figures).
I've realized those who have supported my artistic career and those who really haven't. My parents for one have been there for me all the way.. they don't care (well okay kind of) how much tuition money they have to pay as long as I get a good education and at a school I want to be at. They don't mind if I go into interior design or fashion although the competition is very tough.
Who'd pay $10 for a t shirt? You spend $20 on an American Eagle t shirt.. oh you know.. that brown one with blue, pink and white lettering that says..hm... American Eagle. If I was in the fashion business and printing my name in different ways 'Samantha Wong', 'S.W.', 'SEW' or 'Sam' and people were buying it, I'd get a kick out of it... They're promoting my name by buying my stuff and I don't even have to do a single thing but draw a few designs... I mean it really pisses me off but at the same time I'm really like one of those people who get suckered into purchasing things purely because of the logo. Free advertising... waitaminute... you pay to advertise! But of course, I am one of those logo consumers and things just seem more appealing with a fancy logo on it... as long as everyone knows the brand you know cuz if no one knows the brand what's the point in buying it? You gotta show off your status you know.. I mean we're willing to pay for a Jacob Connexion t shirt for $14.30 but we can't pay for a darned eco t shirt for $10.... $10 is not expensive at all... fine fine.. you can get $8 at Fairweather, oh and Jacob Connexion when they are on sale!.... but not Guess nor Buffalo Jeans nor Aritzia... oo.. let's stamp a TNA logo on this no-name hoodie... oh and since there is a TNA logo on it, let's charge them $70 for it! Although the initial cost to make it was probably $5 considering they mass produce these things and just get some child to stitch it up for them.
We're willing to pay for t shirts that have guys with a cluster of girlfriends.. oh you know those stick figures that say "one girlfriend:good, two girlfriends:better, three girlfriends:best!" or like the AE t shirt "what goes on in spring break stays in spring break" or just a plain AE t shirt that says "FREE" plastered over the chest area. Oh and there are those beer ones. I'm glad we make such stupendous fashion statements out there. I'm glad we all like to walk around like advertisements out there. Perfect.
$3 is not a lot of money for a stamp on a shirt. I might not be in DECA or doing whatever business program or going into Shulich but I think I have the common sense to think that people in our school can afford $3. Plus I'll take business when I get to university. But seriously, you don't need a business person to tell you that $3 is not a lot of money. So what is.. anyone wanna tell me? Anyone wanna calculate the risk? The possible profit? Blah blah blah blah?
I've noticed a difference between the comments people gave me when I had my Coach purse versus my painted Klimt one of Judith and Holofernes. For the Coach:
"Is that Coach?"
"How much did it cost you?"
"Is it real?"
"Wow you have a Coach bag!"
And the painted one:
"You painted that?!!?"
"Wow you should really sell these!"
"You should start a business and paint people's bags"
"Can you paint me one?"
"Paint a bag for me for my birthday"
"Wow that's amazing"
"You should have used that for your portfolio"
"Your bag was worth $100 but now it's worth a lot more!"
So for my painted one I was actually promoting my own artistic ability as opposed to CCCCCCCC (the coach logo). I think I painted it too well and no one knew it was painted and they thought I bought it. :( Plus it feels good to have a purse no one else has (and I mean no one except a few months later I saw a few Klimt bags at Browns and I was thinking that they copied me.. :P.. they sold their bags for $250. at mendocino they had a klimt window display theme and me and the Arts York people were in awe.. at least I was.. hahaha.. I was like "omg they copied Klimt! I wanna take a picture of it!"). Alas I am growing tired of looking at that bag.. maybe I should finish the other side that I started. :P
Okay back to work.. seminar and then I'm free.. I have a test on my birthday though.. This whole entry was a total rant. It wasn't very coherent.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home