Merry Christmas
Uh we were not allowed to take pictures in the Canon Theater whilst watching Wicked but I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the beautiful ceiling. I was mesmerized by it's 'circleness'. Besides it's the architecture.
Food food food (turkey not shown here) and the mounds of presents at our skinny tree.
Last night I was just so grateful for my family. Because I have the privilege of having great relationships with at least a few of my cousins on either side of the family, I love love family gatherings. I've been blessed with a huge family: 14 cousins on one side, that I can't imagine living my life without a large network of aunts, uncles and cousins. Last night was just a psychotic evening: a display of the oddness of my family. We have the weirdest family ever where Uncle Terry gets more excited about a 360 degree spinning suitcase than my grandparents who were the recipients, where the littlest cousin shoves a large slice if tiramisu in three seconds flat, where my brother gets a gag gift of a box of macaroni and cheese and I a themometer (thanks Auntie Jo). It was an evening of jokes, laughter and a lot of loud Chinese talking.
Ah family. My memories of my childhood are tightly intertwined with family from our old weekly gatherings (I didn't like Robyn before.. hahaha) and how I love it. :) It's too bad that families are getting smaller and smaller these days.
I hope you've had a lovely Christmas with your family. :)
There's something about returning from New York and realizing how much you've missed people. You don't know the extent of how much you've missed them until you see them again and remember the pain you've tried to push away.
Sorry I just got totally sidetracked because of a certain someone who failed to introduce me to another certain someone. That's all for now, kids. Have a merry christmas.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home